||Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Coordinate user or third-party testing.
- Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
- Evaluate testing routines or procedures for adequacy, sufficiency, and effectiveness.
- Develop testing routines and procedures.
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
||Video Game Designers
- Conduct regular design reviews throughout the game development process.
- Oversee gameplay testing to ensure intended gaming experience and game adherence to original vision.
- Create gameplay test plans for internal and external test groups.
||Data Warehousing Specialists
- Create plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
- Test software systems or applications for software enhancements or new products.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
||Document Management Specialists
- Write, review, or execute plans for testing new or established document management systems.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
||Computer Network Architects
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use, or troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
||Software Developers, Applications
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
||Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Document, design, code, or test Geographic Information Systems (GIS) models, internet mapping solutions, or other applications.