- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess potential project impact.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists
- Compare the performance or environmental impact of nanomaterials by nanoparticle size, shape, or organization.
- Analyze the life cycle of nanomaterials or nano-enabled products to determine environmental impact.
||Environmental Engineering Technicians
- Assess the ability of environments to naturally remove or reduce conventional or emerging contaminants from air, water, or soil.
- Work with customers to assess the environmental impact of proposed construction or to develop pollution prevention programs.
- Conduct water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
- Conduct environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
- Visit sites to observe environmental problems, to consult with contractors, or to monitor construction activities.
||Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Measure emission of nanodust or nanoparticles during nanocomposite or other nano-scale production processes, using systems such as aerosol detection systems.
- Conduct environmental studies related to topics such as nuclear power generation, nuclear waste disposal, or nuclear weapon deployment.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Analyze environmental impact statements for transportation projects.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Evaluate the power output, system cost, or environmental impact of new hydrogen or non-hydrogen fuel cell system designs.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, or land.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as green house gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Consider environmental issues when proposing product designs involving microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology.