||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Design validation study features, such as sampling, testing, or analytical methodologies.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing processes, systems, or equipment for production of pharmaceuticals, electronics, or other products.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Develop or implement research methodologies or statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products or processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, or computerized human models.
- Develop or implement human performance research, investigation, or analysis protocols.
- Plan or schedule engineering research or development projects involving microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology.
- Develop or validate product-specific test protocols, acceptance thresholds, or inspection tools for quality control testing or performance measurement.
- Design or direct bench or pilot production experiments to determine the scale of production methods that optimize product yield and minimize production costs.
- Develop toxicological or environmental testing processes to measure chemical toxicity or environmental impact.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Select aerial photographic and remote sensing techniques and plotting equipment needed to meet required standards of accuracy.
||Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Develop or implement programs related to the environmental impact of engineering activities.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Develop or use new non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, such as acoustic emission testing, leak testing, and thermal or infrared testing.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Determine appropriate methods for fabricating and joining materials.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for nanoscale use.
- Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Determine means of integrating radio frequency identification device (RFID) into other applications.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Develop calibration methodologies, test methodologies, or tools.