- Confer with research and biomanufacturing personnel to ensure the compatibility of design and production.
- Collaborate with manufacturing or quality assurance staff to prepare product specification or safety sheets, standard operating procedures, user manuals, or qualification and validation reports.
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Recommend biochemical process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
||Fuel Cell Technicians
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Document or analyze fuel cell test data, using spreadsheets or other computer software.
- Report results of fuel cell tests.
- Recommend improvements to fuel cell design or performance.
||Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations, such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Confer with medical professionals to assess health risks and to develop ways to manage health issues and concerns.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Record nanotechnology test results in logs, laboratory notebooks, or spreadsheet software.
- Compile information or prepare reports on nanotechnology experiments or applications.
- Measure or report toxicity of engineered nanoparticles.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Prepare reports or presentations summarizing results or conclusions of human factors engineering or ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation.
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals, including engineers, designers, managers, or customers.
- Provide human factors technical expertise on topics such as advanced user-interface technology development or the role of human users in automated or autonomous sub-systems in advanced vehicle systems.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Document test results, using cameras, spreadsheets, documents, or other tools.
- Recommend product or component design improvements, based on test data or observations.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Confer with engineers, customers, vendors, or others to discuss existing or potential electronics engineering projects or products.
- Recommend repair or design modifications of electronics components or systems, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, or system capabilities.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
- Confer with engineering personnel regarding details and implications of test procedures and results.
- Record and interpret test data on parts, assemblies, and mechanisms.
- Prepare technical reports of findings or recommendations, based on synthesized analyses of test results.
- Consult with other scientists to determine parameters of experimentation or suitability of analytical models.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Compute or record photonic test data.
- Recommend optical or optic equipment design or material changes to reduce costs or processing times.
- Consult with engineers to discuss or interpret design concepts, or determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Review blueprints to determine customer requirements and consult with assembler regarding schematics, wiring procedures, or conductor paths.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) results.
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Write reports to document wind farm collector system test results.
||Industrial Engineering Technicians
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection, based on design objectives such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.