- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Analyze, fabricate, or test fiber-optic links.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Inspect or test parts to determine nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Perform or execute manual or automated tests of automotive system or component performance, efficiency, or durability.
- Participate in research or testing of computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Assist engineers to design, develop, test, or manufacture industrial machinery, consumer products, or other equipment.
- Inspect and test mechanical equipment.
- Apply testing or monitoring apparatus to operating equipment.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Test radio frequency identification device (RFID) software to ensure proper functioning.
- Install, test, or maintain radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Test tags or labels to ensure readability.
||Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Test equipment, using test devices attached to generator, voltage regulator, or other electrical parts, such as generators or spark plugs.
||Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Assemble, test, or maintain circuitry or electronic components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools.
- Check, test, and maintain automatic controls and alarm systems.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
||Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Set up or operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Build or test electrical components of electric-drive vehicles or prototype vehicles.
||Environmental Engineering Technicians
- Decontaminate or test field equipment used to clean or test pollutants from soil, air, or water.
- Receive, set up, test, or decontaminate equipment.
- Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
||Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
- Test aircraft systems under simulated operational conditions, performing systems readiness tests and pre- and post-operational checkouts, to establish design or fabrication parameters.
- Test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance.
||Fuel Cell Technicians
- Install or test spark ignition (SI) or compression ignition (CI) engines.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer.
- Plan or conduct experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of aircraft or aerospace systems or equipment.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Perform functional tests of nano-enhanced assemblies, components, or systems, using equipment such as torque gauges or conductivity meters.
- Conduct tests of nuclear fuel behavior and cycles or performance of nuclear machinery and equipment to optimize performance of existing plants.