||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Confer with stage managers to arrange schedules for rehearsals, costume fittings, and sound or light development.
- Collaborate with film and sound editors during the post-production process as films are edited and soundtracks are added.
- Confer with operations directors to formulate and maintain fair and attainable technical policies for programs.
- Discuss filter options, lens choices, and the visual effects of objects being filmed with photography directors and video operators.
||Film and Video Editors
- Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
- Discuss the sound requirements of pictures with sound effects editors.
||Sound Engineering Technicians
- Confer with producers, performers, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production, such as a musical recording or a film.
- Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
- Collaborate with music librarians to ensure availability of scores.
- Work with other crew members responsible for lighting, costumes, make-up, and props.
||Music Composers and Arrangers
- Confer with producers and directors to define the nature and placement of film or television music.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Confer with directors, sound and lighting technicians, electricians, and other crew members to discuss assignments and determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
||Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Meet with directors and senior members of camera crews to discuss assignments and determine filming sequences, camera movements, and picture composition.
||Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Confer with clients, editors, writers, art directors, and other interested parties regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.