||Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
||Food Preparation Workers
- Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
||Cooks, Fast Food
- Prepare and serve beverages, such as coffee or fountain drinks.
- Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
||Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Serve meals and snacks to employing families and their guests.
||Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.