||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Perform personal bookkeeping services.
- Prepare trial balances of books.
- Retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- Maintain files of canceled checks and customers' signatures.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- File and maintain loan records.
- Perform paperwork required for monetary transactions.
- Record, issue receipts for, and pay off bets.
||Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Collect bets in the form of cash or chips, verifying and recording amounts.
- Record the number of tickets cashed and the amount paid out after each race or event.
- Keep records of customers' charges and payments.
- Record price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
- Update client address and meter location information.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
||Baggage Porters and Bellhops
- Compute and complete charge slips for services rendered and maintain records.
- Pay bills and record checks issued.
- Record and maintain all vital and fiscal records and accounts.
||Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
||Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Maintain financial records, such as accounts of daily collections and billings, and records of receipts issued.
- Record services provided on cashiers' tickets or receive payment from customers.