||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Tie specified lengths of delaying fuses into patterns in order to time sequences of explosions.
- Place explosive charges in holes or other spots; then detonate explosives to demolish structures or to loosen, remove, or displace earth, rock, or other materials.
- Insert, pack, and pour explosives, such as dynamite, ammonium nitrate, black powder, or slurries into blast holes; then shovel drill cuttings, admit water into boreholes, and tamp material to compact charges.
- Connect electrical wire to primers, and cover charges or fill blast holes with clay, drill chips, sand, or other material.
- Lay primacord between rows of charged blast holes, and tie cord into main lines to form blast patterns.
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Cut specified lengths of primacord and attach primers to cord ends.
- Connect gun chambers to electric detonating devices, and operate controls at panelboards, in order to detonate charges in guns or to ignite chemical charges.
- Insert powder charges into chambers of sidewall sample-taking cylinders, and assemble cylinders, using special wrenches.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Requisition tools and equipment, select type and size of pipe, and collect and transport materials and equipment to work site.
- Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, handtruck, or heavy, motorized truck.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Lower and explode charges in boreholes to start flow of oil from wells.
||Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Mix plaster, and carry plaster to plasterers.
- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Transport materials, tools, or machines to installation sites, manually or using conveyance equipment.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Supply equipment to rig floors as requested and provide assistance to roughnecks.
- Select tools, equipment, or materials from storage and transport items to work site.
- Hoist tar and roofing materials to roofs, using ropes and pulleys, or carry materials up ladders.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Haul and spread sand, gravel, and clay to fill washouts and repair road shoulders.
||Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Charge and set off explosives in blasting holes.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Transport prefabricated parts to construction sites for assembly and installation.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Move terrazzo installation materials, tools, machines, or work devices to work areas, manually or using wheelbarrow.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.