||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
||Solar Energy Installation Managers
- Supervise solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Monitor work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
||Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Drill holes into sides of stones broken from masses, insert dogs or attach slings, and direct removal of stones.
- Train or supervise others in laying pipe.
||Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Guide and assist crews laying track and resetting supports and blocking.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Supervise crew members, and provide assistance in training them.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
||Construction and Building Inspectors
- Train, direct, or supervise other construction inspectors.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining
- Direct drilling crews performing activities such as assembling and connecting pipe, applying weights to drill pipes, or drilling around lodged obstacles.
||Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Guide and assist crews in laying track for machines and resetting planer rails, supports, and blocking, using jacks, shovels, sledges, picks, and pinch bars.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Direct rig crews in drilling and other activities, such as setting up rigs and completing or servicing wells.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Hire, train, or supervise new employees or apprentices.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Place safety cones around blast areas to alert other workers of danger zones, and signal workers as necessary to ensure that they clear blast sites prior to explosions.