||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through meters at specified flow rates.
- Vary air pressure flowing into regulators and turn handles to assess functioning of valves and pistons.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Make adjustments to meter components, such as setscrews or timing mechanisms, so that they conform to specifications.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- String instruments, and adjust trusses and bridges of instruments to obtain specified string tensions and heights.
- Adjust felt hammers on pianos to increase tonal mellowness or brilliance, using sanding paddles, lacquer, or needles.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Adjust working parts, such as fan belts, contacts, and springs, using hand tools and gauges.
- Verify and adjust alignments and dimensions of parts, using gauges and tracing lathes.
- Set machinery for proper performance, using computers.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Adjust or modify equipment to enhance equipment performance or to respond to customer requests.
- Examine telephone transmission facilities to determine requirements for new or additional telephone services.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Repair, adjust, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment.
- Clean, oil, or adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines' operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
||Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Adjust and repair coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
||Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
- Monitor and adjust operations of geothermal power plant equipment or systems.
- Adjust power production systems to meet load and distribution demands.
||Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to balance system.
||Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Set up service for customers, installing, connecting, testing, or adjusting equipment.
- Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary.
||Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Adjust, maintain, and repair tools, equipment, and machines, and assist more skilled workers with similar tasks.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in watertight electrical equipment.
||Medical Equipment Repairers
- Perform preventive maintenance or service, such as cleaning, lubricating, or adjusting equipment.
||Automotive Master Mechanics
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.