||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts to be bonded, calculating production measurements as necessary.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps.
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Assemble prototypes or integrated-technology demonstrators of new or emerging environmental technologies for aircraft.
- Weld tubing and fittings or solder cable ends, using tack-welders, induction brazing chambers, or other equipment.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Wire parts such as legs, spouts, and handles to article bodies in preparation for soldering.
- Glue plastic separators to handles of coffeepots and teapots.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Align, fit, and join parts, using bolts and screws or by welding or gluing.
- Assemble mechanical, electrical, and electronic components into models or prototypes, using hand tools, power tools, and fabricating machines.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Align and assemble parts to produce completed products, using gauges and hand tools.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Solder or weld frames of mallet instruments and metal drum parts.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Lay out and fabricate metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Assemble pattern sections, using hand tools, bolts, screws, rivets, glue, or welding equipment.
||Medical Equipment Repairers
- Repair shop equipment, metal furniture, or hospital equipment, including welding broken parts or replacing missing parts, or bring item into local shop for major repairs.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Line slots with sheet insulation, and insert coils into slots.
- Hammer out dents and bends in frames and weld tears and breaks.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Drill and tap holes for rivets and glue, weld, bolt, or rivet parts together to form prosthetic or orthotic devices.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Design, weld, and fabricate parts, using blueprints or other mechanical plans.
- Weld broken or cracked frames together, using oxyacetylene torches and welding rods.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform minor assembly, such as fastening parts with nuts, bolts, or screws, using power tools or hand tools.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Assemble and install components of timepieces to complete mechanisms, using watchmakers' tools and loupes.