||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Set up, program, operate, or tend computerized or manual woodworking machines, such as drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, or wood-nailing machines.
- Start machines, adjust controls, and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly.
- Secure woodstock against a guide or in a holding device, place woodstock on a conveyor, or dump woodstock in a hopper to feed woodstock into machines.
- Start machines and move levers to engage hydraulic lifts that press woodstocks into desired forms and disengage lifts after appropriate drying times.
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces of wood together, or to press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Position material or articles in clamps, templates, or hoop frames prior to automatic operation of machines.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Secure gems or diamonds in holders, chucks, dops, lapidary sticks, or blocks for cutting, polishing, grinding, drilling, or shaping.
- Place stones in clamps on polishing machines and polish facets of stones, using felt-covered or canvas-covered polishing wheels and polishing compounds such as tripoli and rouge.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Position and clamp stock on tables, conveyors, or carriages, using hoists, guides, stops, dogs, wedges, or wrenches.
- Operate panelboards of saw or conveyor systems to move stock through processes or to cut stock to specified dimensions.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Collect shoe parts from conveyer belts or racks and place them in machinery such as ovens or on molds for dressing, returning them to conveyers or racks to send them to the next work station.
- Select and place spools of thread or pre-wound bobbins into shuttles, or onto spindles or loupers of stitching machines.
- Place semiconductor wafers in processing containers or equipment holders, using vacuum wand or tweezers.
- Mount crystal ingots or wafers on blocks or plastic laminate, using special mounting devices, to facilitate their positioning in the holding fixtures of sawing, drilling, grinding or sanding equipment.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Hang curtains, drapes, blankets, pants, and other garments on stretch frames to dry.
- Spread soiled articles on work tables, and position stained portions over vacuum heads or on marble slabs.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place bobbins on spindles and insert spindles into bobbin-winding machines.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift and position workpieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift metal stock or workpieces manually or using hoists, and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position and secure workpieces on machines, using holding devices, measuring instruments, hand tools, and hoists.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Unroll, lay out, attach, or mount materials or items on cutting tables or machines.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using hoists.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position and secure workpieces on machines, and start feeding mechanisms.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Attach workpieces to grinding machines and form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position and secure workpieces on tables, using bolts, jigs, clamps, shims, or other holding devices.