||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Calculate load estimates or equipment requirements to determine required control settings.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Draw smelted metal samples from furnaces or kettles for analysis, and calculate types and amounts of materials needed to ensure that materials meet specifications.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix biomass feedstock for power generation.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Calculate amounts of materials to be loaded into furnaces, adjusting amounts as necessary for specific conditions.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Calculate draft space and roll speed for each mill stand to plan rolling sequences and specified dimensions and tempers.
||First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Compute and record settings for new work, applying knowledge of metal properties, principles of welding, and shop mathematics.
- Determine packaging requirements.