Accountants and Auditors
27 matches for Financial Planner
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Auditor
- Financial Systems Analyst
- Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others. Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Direct activities of personnel engaged in filing, recording, compiling, and transmitting financial records.
- Evaluate taxpayer finances to determine tax liability, using knowledge of interest and discount rates, annuities, valuation of stocks and bonds, and amortization valuation of depletable assets.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Prepare, analyze, or verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others on financial matters.
- Analyze financial information.
- Analyze business or financial data.
- Assess financial status of clients.
- Conduct financial or regulatory audits.
- Develop business or financial information systems.
- Examine financial records or processes.
- Examine financial records.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Prepare financial documents.
- Verify accuracy of financial information.
Learn more on the
Accountants and Auditors