26 matches for Financial Managers
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||8 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Financial Auditor
- Financial Audits Director
- Financial Systems Analyst
- Managing Director
- Assurance Manager
- Audit Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Internal Audit Manager
- Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Direct activities of personnel engaged in filing, recording, compiling and transmitting financial records.
- Evaluate taxpayer finances to determine tax liability, using knowledge of interest and discount rates, annuities, valuation of stocks and bonds, and amortization valuation of depletable assets.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine whether the organization's objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Produce up-to-the-minute information, using internal computer systems, to allow management to base decisions on actual, not historical, data.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others on financial matters.
- Assess financial status of clients.
- Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with managers.
- Examine financial records or processes.
- Examine financial records.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Report information to managers or other personnel.
- Verify accuracy of financial information.
Learn more on the