Computer Systems Analysts
103 matches for Computer systems analyst
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||75 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Computer Systems Analysts
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer System Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Systems Consultant
- Computer Systems Design Analyst
- Computer Systems Designer
- Computer Analyst
- Computer Analyst Supervisor
- Computer Architect
- Computer Consultant
- Computer Methods Analyst
- Computer Specialist
- System Analyst
- System Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Administration Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analysis Information Technology Specialist
- Systems Architect
- Systems Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Integrator
- Systems Manager
- Application System Analyst
- Application Analyst
- Application Business Analyst
- Application Developer Analyst
- Applications Systems Analyst
- Applications Analyst
- Applications Support Analyst
- Business Computer Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Applications Analyst
- Business Process Analyst
- Clinical Analyst
- Clinical Applications Analyst
- Clinical Informatics Analyst
- Data Processing Systems Analyst
- Data Processing Systems Consultant
- Data Processing Systems Project Planner
- Database Analyst
- Database Design Analyst
- Digital Computer Systems Analyst
- Engineering Systems Analyst
- Financial Systems Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Functional Analyst
- Geographic Information System Analyst (GIS Analyst)
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst (GIS Analyst)
- Health Systems Analyst
- Healthcare Applications Analyst
- IT Business Analyst (Information Technology Business Analyst)
- IT Security Analyst (Information Technology Security Analyst)
- Information Systems Analyst (ISA)
- Information Systems Architect
- Information Systems Auditor
- Information Systems Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Systems Planner
- Information Systems Specialist
- Information Technology Systems Manager
- Information Technology Analyst (IT Analyst)
- Integration Technical Analyst
- Management Information System Analyst (MIS Analyst)
- Programmer Analyst
- Reporting Analyst
- Requirements Analyst
- Scientific Systems Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Software Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Technical Business Analyst
- Trading Systems Manager
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling, and information engineering.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility so that information can be shared.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer-related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Specify inputs accessed by the system and plan the distribution and use of the results.
- Supervise computer programmers or other systems analysts or serve as project leaders for particular systems projects.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Use the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Configure computer networks.
- Design integrated computer systems.
- Develop diagrams or flow charts of system operation.
- Manage information technology projects or system activities.
- Monitor computer system performance to ensure proper operation.
- Provide recommendations to others about computer hardware.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the
Computer Systems Analysts