15 matches for computer science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Architect
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Specialist
- Databases Computer Consultant
- Information Scientist
- Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Update computer database information.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the