Computer Systems Analysts
33 matches for computer engineer
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||14 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
- Computer Systems Analysts
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Analyst
- Computer Analyst Supervisor
- Computer Architect
- Computer Consultant
- Computer Methods Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Systems Consultant
- Computer Systems Design Analyst
- Computer Systems Designer
- Engineering Systems Analyst
- Digital Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Usability Engineer
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling, and information engineering.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility so that information can be shared.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer-related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Supervise computer programmers or other systems analysts or serve as project leaders for particular systems projects.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Use the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Configure computer networks.
- Design integrated computer systems.
- Monitor computer system performance to ensure proper operation.
- Provide recommendations to others about computer hardware.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the
Computer Systems Analysts