26 matches for computer engineer
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
- Computer Programmers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Game Programmer
- Computer Language Coder
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Programmer Analyst
- Engineering Programmer
- Engineering and Scientific Programmer
- Graphic Engineer
- IT Engineer
- Information Technology Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Create, modify, and test the code and scripts that allow computer applications to run. Work from specifications drawn up by software and web developers or other individuals. May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Train users on the use and function of computer programs.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or online applications.
- Resolve computer software problems.
- Teach others to use computer equipment or hardware.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the