23 matches for applied computing technology
|Alternate Occupation Titles||5 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||12 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Graphic Artist
- Computer Graphic Designer
- Technology Applications Engineer
- Internet Application Developer
- Web Applications Developer
- Develop and implement websites, web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces. Evaluate code to ensure that it is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers and devices. Optimize website performance, scalability, and server-side code and processes. May develop website infrastructure and integrate websites with other computer applications.
- Develop databases that support Web applications and Web sites.
- Maintain understanding of current Web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Research, document, rate, or select alternatives for Web architecture or technologies.
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
- Write supporting code for Web applications or Web sites.
Detailed Work Activities
- Collaborate with others to resolve information technology issues.
- Configure computer networks.
- Design websites or web applications.
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Evaluate utility of software or hardware technologies.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer hardware.
- Provide recommendations to others about computer hardware.
- Provide technical support for computer network issues.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the