12 matches for Planning
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Transportation Planning Engineer
- Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impact.
Detailed Work Activities
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Evaluate technical data to determine effect on designs or plans.
- Prepare detailed work plans.
Learn more on the