28 matches for STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||15 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Transportation Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Airport Engineer
- Civil Transportation Engineer
- Highway Engineer
- Highway Civil Engineer
- Highway Project Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Rail Engineer
- Road Engineer
- Roadway Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Traffic Operations Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Transportation Design Engineer
- Transportation Planning Engineer
- Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
- Design or engineer drainage, erosion, or sedimentation control systems for transportation projects.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Design transportation systems or structures with sustainable materials or products, such as porous pavement or bioretention structures.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
Detailed Work Activities
- Create graphical representations of civil structures.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Design civil structures or systems.
- Incorporate green features into the design of structures or facilities.
- Test characteristics of materials or structures.
Learn more on the