34 matches for animal science
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||22 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Animal Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Animal Science Professor
- Animal Science Section Leader
- Animal Scientist
- Animal Anatomist
- Animal Behaviorist
- Animal Biologist
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Breeding and Genetics Professor
- Animal Geneticist
- Animal Husbandman
- Animal Management Systems Specialist
- Animal Nutrition Consultant
- Animal Nutritionist
- Companion Animal Manager
- Dairy Scientist
- Extension Animal Scientist
- Global Nutritional Sciences Manager
- Poultry Science Professor
- Poultry Scientist
- Professor-Associate Department Head-Animal Science
- Research Scientist
- Veterinary Science Professor
- Conduct research in the genetics, nutrition, reproduction, growth, and development of domestic farm animals.
- Advise producers about improved products and techniques that could enhance their animal production efforts.
- Conduct research concerning animal nutrition, breeding, or management to improve products or processes.
- Crossbreed animals with existing strains or cross strains to obtain new combinations of desirable characteristics.
- Determine genetic composition of animal populations and heritability of traits, using principles of genetics.
- Develop improved practices in feeding, housing, sanitation, or parasite and disease control of animals.
- Research and control animal selection and breeding practices to increase production efficiency and improve animal quality.
- Study effects of management practices, processing methods, feed, or environmental conditions on quality and quantity of animal products, such as eggs and milk.
- Study nutritional requirements of animals and nutritive values of animal feed materials.
- Write up or orally communicate research findings to the scientific community, producers, and the public.
Detailed Work Activities
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the