16 matches for Geosciences
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||6 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Bioinformatics Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Scientific Database Curator
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Bioinformatics Computer Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Senior Scientist
- Conduct research using bioinformatics theory and methods in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. May design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
- Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Keep abreast of new biochemistries, instrumentation, or software by reading scientific literature and attending professional conferences.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop software or applications for scientific or technical use.
- Develop technical or scientific databases.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Supervise scientific or technical personnel.
- Train personnel in technical or scientific procedures.
Learn more on the