13 matches for social science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Social Scientist
- Social Welfare Research Worker
- Behavioral Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Study human society and social behavior by examining the groups and social institutions that people form, as well as various social, religious, political, and business organizations. May study the behavior and interaction of groups, trace their origin and growth, and analyze the influence of group activities on individual members.
- Analyze and interpret data to increase the understanding of human social behavior.
- Consult with and advise individuals such as administrators, social workers, and legislators regarding social issues and policies, as well as the implications of research findings.
Detailed Work Activities
- Conduct research on social issues.
- Develop methods of social or economic research.
- Instruct college students in social sciences or humanities disciplines.
- Plan social sciences research.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Supervise scientific or technical personnel.
Learn more on the