15 matches for political science
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||6 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Political Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Political Advisor
- Political Aide
- Political Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Political Research Scientist
- Political Researcher
- Study the origin, development, and operation of political systems. May study topics, such as public opinion, political decisionmaking, and ideology. May analyze the structure and operation of governments, as well as various political entities. May conduct public opinion surveys, analyze election results, or analyze public documents.
- Consult with and advise government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, political parties, and others concerned with political issues.
- Forecast political, economic, and social trends.
- Provide media commentary or criticism related to public policy and political issues and events.
- Teach political science.
Detailed Work Activities
- Forecast economic, political, or social trends.
- Instruct college students in social sciences or humanities disciplines.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the