28 matches for community service
|Alternate Occupation Titles||20 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Access Services Librarian
- Adult Services Librarian
- Children's Services Librarian
- Document Services Librarian
- Extension Services Librarian
- Government Information Services Head
- Information Services Head
- Information Services Librarian
- Interlibrary Loan Services Librarian
- Library Services Coordinator
- Library Services Supervisor
- Outreach and Delivery Services Head
- Public Services Librarian
- Reference Services Head
- Reference and Online Services Coordinator
- Systems and Technical Services Librarian
- Technical Services Cataloger
- Technical Services Librarian
- Teen Services Librarian
- Youth Services Librarian
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, educational institutions, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers. Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information. May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
- Confer with colleagues, faculty, and community members and organizations to conduct informational programs, make collection decisions, and determine library services to offer.
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services and provide information about library policies.
- Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
- Perform public relations work for the library, such as giving televised book reviews and community talks.
- Plan and deliver client-centered programs and services, such as special services for corporate clients, storytelling for children, newsletters, or programs for special groups.
Detailed Work Activities
- Serve on institutional or departmental committees.
- Plan community programs or activities for the general public.
Learn more on the