34 matches for art design
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||18 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Fashion Designers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Design Director
- Apparel Designer
- Apparel Fashion Designer
- Athletic Shoe Designer
- Clothes Designer
- Clothing Designer
- Costume Designer
- Dance Costume Designer
- Dress Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Fur Designer
- Furrier Designer
- Hat Designer
- Latex Fashions Designer
- Shoe Designer
- Sweater Designer
- Uniform Designer
- Design clothing and accessories. Create original designs or adapt fashion trends.
- Design custom clothing and accessories for individuals, retailers, or theatrical, television, or film productions.
- Adapt other designers' ideas for the mass market.
- Collaborate with other designers to coordinate special products and designs.
- Confer with sales and management executives or with clients to discuss design ideas.
- Draw patterns for articles designed, cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns, using measuring instruments and scissors.
- Examine sample garments on and off models, modifying designs to achieve desired effects.
- Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
- Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
- Read scripts and consult directors and other production staff to develop design concepts and plan productions.
- Sew together sections of material to form mockups or samples of garments or articles, using sewing equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Collaborate with others to develop or refine designs.
- Conduct research to inform art, designs, or other work.
- Coordinate design activities.
- Develop artistic or design concepts for decoration, exhibition, or commercial purposes.
Learn more on the