37 matches for Art and Design
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||21 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Interior Designers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Design Assistant
- Design Consultant
- Design Manager
- Certified Kitchen Designer
- Color and Materials Designer
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Home Designer
- House Designer
- Interior Design Assistant
- Interior Design Consultant
- Interior Design Coordinator
- Interior Design Director
- Interior Design Principal
- Interior Design Project Manager
- Interior Designer
- Kitchen and Bath Designer
- Kitchen Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Residential Designer
- Room Designer
- Plan, design, and furnish interiors of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings. Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style. May specialize in a particular field, style, or phase of interior design.
- Design plans to be safe and to be compliant with the American Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Design spaces to be environmentally friendly, using sustainable, recycled materials when feasible.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Inspect construction work on site to ensure its adherence to the design plans.
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
- Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
- Research and explore the use of new materials, technologies, and products to incorporate into designs.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
Detailed Work Activities
- Conduct research to inform art, designs, or other work.
- Develop artistic or design concepts for decoration, exhibition, or commercial purposes.
- Incorporate green features into the design of structures or facilities.
- Plan facility layouts or designs.
Learn more on the