Coaches and Scouts
31 matches for Athletic trainer
|Alternate Occupation Titles||14 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Athletic Trainer
- Athletic Assistant
- Athletic Coach
- Athletic Director
- Athletic Facilities Coordinator
- Athletic Instructor
- Athletic Scout
- Athletics Director
- Athletics Teacher
- Boxing Trainer
- Equestrian Trainer
- Horse Trainer
- Professional Athletes Coach
- Racehorse Trainer
- Instruct or coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of sports. Demonstrate techniques and methods of participation. May evaluate athletes' strengths and weaknesses as possible recruits or to improve the athletes' technique to prepare them for competition. Those required to hold teaching degrees should be reported in the appropriate teaching category.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Arrange and conduct sports-related activities, such as training camps, skill-improvement courses, clinics, and pre-season try-outs.
- Counsel student athletes on academic, athletic, and personal issues.
- Evaluate athletes' skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and potential in a particular area of athletics.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of sports and training equipment, such as trampolines or weights.
- File scouting reports that detail player assessments, provide recommendations on athlete recruitment, and identify locations and individuals to be targeted for future recruitment efforts.
- Identify and recruit potential athletes by sending recruitment letters, meeting with recruits, and arranging and offering incentives, such as athletic scholarships.
- Keep and review paper, computerized, and video records of athlete, team, and opposing team performance.
- Monitor athletes' use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
- Monitor the academic eligibility of student athletes.
- Negotiate with professional athletes or their representatives to obtain services and arrange contracts.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Provide training direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice to prepare athletes for games, competitive events, or tours.
Detailed Work Activities
- Train others on performance techniques.
- Coordinate athletic or sporting events or activities.
- Evaluate skills of athletes or performers.
Learn more on the
Coaches and Scouts