Acute Care Nurses
28 matches for Health Care
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||5 matches|
- Acute Care Nurses
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Care Coordinator
- Care Transitions Manager
- Care Transitions Nurse
- Acute Care Nurse
- Acute Care Registered Nurse (Acute Care RN)
- Charge Nurse, Cardiac Interventional Care
- Critical Care Manager
- Pediatric Acute Care Unit Nurse
- Progressive Care Manager
- Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse
- Provide advanced nursing care for patients with acute conditions such as heart attacks, respiratory distress syndrome, or shock. May care for pre- and post-operative patients or perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Assess the impact of illnesses or injuries on patients' health, function, growth, development, nutrition, sleep, rest, quality of life, or family, social and educational relationships.
- Assess the needs of patients' family members or caregivers.
- Assess urgent and emergent health conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data.
- Assist patients in organizing their health care system activities.
- Collaborate with members of multidisciplinary health care teams to plan, manage, or assess patient treatments.
- Collaborate with patients to plan for future health care needs or to coordinate transitions and referrals.
- Document data related to patients' care, including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests and screening procedures based on assessment results, differential diagnoses, and knowledge about age, gender and health status of clients.
- Participate in patients' care meetings and conferences.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in acute care.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise patients on healthcare system processes.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Evaluate patient functioning, capabilities, or health.
- Process healthcare paperwork.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
Learn more on the
Acute Care Nurses