6 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Nurse Practitioner and Educator
- Nurse Practitioner for Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x rays. May prescribe medication. Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
- Develop treatment plans, based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice, including reimbursement of services.
Learn more on the