13 matches for imaging science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Breast Imaging Radiologist
- Diagnose and treat diseases and injuries using medical imaging techniques, such as x rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, and ultrasounds. May perform minimally invasive medical procedures and tests.
- Check and approve the quality of diagnostic images before patients are discharged.
- Compare nuclear medicine procedures with other types of procedures, such as computed tomography, ultrasonography, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging, and angiography.
- Confer with medical professionals regarding image-based diagnoses.
- Develop or monitor procedures to ensure adequate quality control of images.
- Perform interventional procedures such as image-guided biopsy, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, transhepatic biliary drainage, or nephrostomy catheter placement.
- Perform or interpret the outcomes of diagnostic imaging procedures including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computer tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear cardiology treadmill studies, mammography, or ultrasound.
- Review or transmit images and information using picture archiving or communications systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Administer medical substances for imaging or other procedures.
- Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
- Check quality of diagnostic images.
- Operate diagnostic imaging equipment.
Learn more on the