20 matches for Psychiatric Nurse
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||14 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
- Psychiatric Aides
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Psychiatric Nursing Aide
- Psychiatric Nursing Assistant
- Psychiatric Aide
- Psychiatric Aide Supervisor
- Psychiatric Assistant
- Psychiatric Attendant
- Psychiatric Orderly
- Psychiatric Technician
- Psychiatric Technician Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nurses' Aide (CNA)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Certified Behavioral Unit Nursing Assistant
- Professional Nursing Assistant (PNA)
- Assist mentally impaired or emotionally disturbed patients, working under direction of nursing and medical staff. May assist with daily living activities, lead patients in educational and recreational activities, or accompany patients to and from examinations and treatments. May restrain violent patients. Includes psychiatric orderlies.
- Listen and provide emotional support and encouragement to psychiatric patients.
- Perform nursing duties, such as administering medications, measuring vital signs, collecting specimens, or drawing blood samples.
- Provide mentally impaired or emotionally disturbed patients with routine physical, emotional, psychological, or rehabilitation care under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
- Work as part of a team that may include psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, or social workers.
Learn more on the