23 matches for computer science
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Computer Operators
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Console Operator
- Computer Operations Specialist
- Computer Operator
- Computer Peripheral Equipment Operator
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Specialist
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Support Specialist
- Computer Technician
- Computing Machine Operator
- Digital Computer Operator
- Micro Computer Data Processor
- Personal Computer Technician
- Monitor and control electronic computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment to process business, scientific, engineering, and other data according to operating instructions. Monitor and respond to operating and error messages. May enter commands at a computer terminal and set controls on computer and peripheral devices.
- Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
- Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
- Oversee the operation of computer hardware systems, including coordinating and scheduling the use of computer terminals and networks to ensure efficient use.
- Record information such as computer operating time, problems that occurred, and actions taken.
- Supervise and train peripheral equipment operators and computer operator trainees.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or online applications.
- Operate computers or computerized equipment.
Learn more on the