9 matches for supply chain
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Chain Saw Operator
- Use axes or chainsaws to fell trees using knowledge of tree characteristics and cutting techniques to control direction of fall and minimize tree damage.
- Clear brush from work areas and escape routes, and cut saplings and other trees from direction of falls, using axes, chainsaws, or bulldozers.
- Control the direction of a tree's fall by scoring cutting lines with axes, sawing undercuts along scored lines with chainsaws, knocking slabs from cuts with single-bit axes, and driving wedges.
- Maintain and repair chainsaws and other equipment, cleaning, oiling, and greasing equipment, and sharpening equipment properly.
- Measure felled trees and cut them into specified log lengths, using chain saws and axes.
- Secure steel cables or chains to logs for dragging by tractors or for pulling by cable yarding systems.
- Trim off the tops and limbs of trees, using chainsaws, delimbers, or axes.
- Work as a member of a team, rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation.
Learn more on the