Dental Laboratory Technicians
57 matches for dental
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||42 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Dental Laboratory Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Appliance Fixer
- Dental Appliance Mechanic
- Dental Appliance Repairer
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Ceramist
- Dental Ceramist Assistant
- Dental Equipment Installer and Servicer
- Dental Instrument Maker
- Dental Laboratory Owner
- Dental Laboratory Supervisor
- Dental Laboratory Technician (Dental Lab Tech)
- Dental Laboratory Technician (Dental Lab Technician)
- Dental Laboratory Technician Apprentice
- Dental Laboratory Technician, Metal Work (Dental Lab Technician, Metal Work)
- Dental Laboratory Technician, Waxer (Dental Lab Technician, Waxer)
- Dental Laboratory Worker
- Dental Mechanic
- Dental Model Worker
- Dental Mold Maker
- Dental Technician (Dental Tech)
- Dental Technician Manager
- Dental Technician, Waxer
- Dental Technician/Ceramist
- Dental Technician/Fixed Ceramics Contourer/Glazer
- Dental Technologist
- Dental Technology Advisor
- Denture Dental Technician
- Denture Contour Wire Specialist
- Denture Finisher
- Denture Laboratory Technician (Denture Lab Tech)
- Denture Laboratory Technician (Denture Lab Technician)
- Denture Technician
- Denture Waxer
- Dentures Laboratory Technician
- Certified Dental Technician
- Crown and Bridge Dental Lab Technician
- Fixed Dental Technician
- Metal Room Dental Technician
- Orthodontic Technician/Waxer, Dentures
- Prep Room Dental Laboratory Technician (Prep Room Dental Lab Technician)
- Removable Technician/Clinical Dental Technician (Removable Tech/CDT)
- Supervisor of Removable Prosthetic Dental Laboratory (Supervisor of Removable Prosthetic Dental Lab)
- Construct and repair full or partial dentures or dental appliances.
- Build and shape wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists' specifications.
- Create a model of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression and allowing plaster to set.
- Fabricate, alter, or repair dental devices, such as dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, or appliances for straightening teeth.
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Mold wax over denture setups to form the full contours of artificial gums.
- Read prescriptions or specifications and examine models or impressions to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
- Rebuild or replace linings, wire sections, or missing teeth to repair dentures.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Train or supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers.
Detailed Work Activities
- Cast molds of patient anatomies to create medical or dental devices.
- Construct customized assistive medical or dental devices.
- Inspect medical or dental assistive devices.
- Repair medical or dental assistive devices.
Learn more on the
Dental Laboratory Technicians