Related Occupations for Task
49-3043.00 - Rail Car Repairers
Related occupations for task:
Examine car roofs for wear and damage, and repair defective sections, using roofing material, cement, nails, and waterproof paint.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Install, adjust, or repair hydraulic or electromagnetic automatic lift mechanisms used to raise and lower automobile windows, seats, and tops.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Obtain windshields or windows for specific automobile makes and models from stock and examine them for defects prior to installation.
- Install, repair, or replace safety glass and related materials, such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Replace or adjust motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Inspect airframes for wear or other defects.
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and invisible cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail, using x-ray and magnetic inspection equipment.
See all 10 related occupations >>