- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Run signal quality and connectivity tests for individual cables, and record results.
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
- Test electrical systems to determine voltages, using voltage meters.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install, connect, or test underground or aboveground grounding systems.