||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Synchronize speeds of sections of machines when producing products involving several steps or processes.
- Activate machines to shape or form products, such as candy bars, light bulbs, balloons, or insulation panels.
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Start operation of rolling and milling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce steel strips.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that extrude and form filaments from synthetic materials such as rayon, fiberglass, or liquid polymers.
- Press buttons to stop machines when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Move controls to activate and adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Swage fittings onto cables, using swaging machines.
- Set up or operate machines or systems to crimp, cut, bend, form, swage, flare, bead, burr, or straighten tubing, according to specifications.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Test experimental models under simulated operating conditions, for purposes such as development, standardization, or feasibility of design.