Related occupations for task:
Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Notify maintenance, stationary engineering, or other auxiliary personnel to correct equipment malfunctions or to adjust power, steam, water, or air supplies.
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
||Power Plant Operators
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland or pipe joints.
- Receive outage calls and request necessary personnel during power outages or emergencies.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Notify supervisors of mechanical malfunctions.
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Clean, maintain, and repair equipment, using hand tools, or request that repair and maintenance work be performed.
- Contact maintenance crews when necessary.
See more related occupations >>