||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect coated or plated areas for defects, such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Inspect etched work for depth of etching, uniformity, and defects, using calibrated microscopes, gauges, fingers, or magnifying lenses.
- Examine engraving for quality of cut, burrs, rough spots, and irregular or incomplete engraving.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.