Related occupations for task:
File or finish surfaces of workpieces, using prescribed hand tools.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Smooth soldered joints and rough spots, using hand files and emery paper, and polish smoothed areas with polishing wheels or buffing wire.
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
||Tool and Die Makers
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Smooth workpiece edges and fix taps, tubes, and valves.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare for painting.
See all 14 related occupations >>