||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Immerse workpieces in coating solutions or liquid metal or plastic for specified times.
- Immerse objects to be coated or plated into cleaning solutions, or spray objects with conductive solutions to prepare them for plating.
- Suspend objects, such as parts or molds from cathode rods, or negative terminals, and immerse objects in plating solutions.
- Suspend sticks or pieces of plating metal from anodes, or positive terminals, and immerse metal in plating solutions.
- Spray coating in specified patterns according to instructions.
- Plate small objects, such as nuts or bolts, using motor-driven barrels.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Apply rust-resistant undercoats and caulk and seal seams.
- Sand and apply sealer to properly dried vehicle finish.
- Apply primer over any repairs made to vehicle surfaces.
- Allow the sprayed product to dry and touch up any missed spots.
- Use brush to hand-paint areas in need of retouching or unreachable with a spray gun.
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Stencil, gild, emboss, mark, or paint designs or borders to reproduce the original appearance of restored pieces, or to decorate new pieces.
- Paint metal surfaces electrostatically, or by using a spray gun or other painting equipment.
- Spread graining ink over metal portions of furniture to simulate wood-grain finish.
- Brush bleaching agents on wood surfaces to restore natural color.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Expose workpieces to acid to develop etch patterns such as designs, lettering, or figures.
- Remove wax or tape from etched glassware by using a stylus or knife, or by immersing ware in hot water.
- Brush or wipe acid over engraving to darken or highlight inscriptions.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Apply coatings, such as paint, ink, or lacquer, to protect or decorate workpiece surfaces, using spray guns, pens, or brushes.
- Immerse workpieces into coating materials for specified times.