Related occupations for task:
Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Respond to emergencies, such as transformer or transmission line failures, and route current around affected areas.
- Control, monitor, or operate equipment that regulates or distributes electricity or steam, using data obtained from instruments or computers.
- Distribute or regulate the flow of power between entities, such as generating stations, substations, distribution lines, or users, keeping track of the status of circuits or connections.
- Manipulate controls to adjust or activate power distribution equipment or machines.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in the power distribution process.
||Power Plant Operators
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Adjust electric current and timing cycles of resistance welding machines to heat metals to bonding temperature.
- Turn dials to set intensity and duration of ultrasonic impulses, according to work order specifications.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Adjust controls to position rod and to regulate flux level, reactor period, coolant temperature, or rate of power flow, following standard procedures.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
See all 10 related occupations >>