Related occupations for task:
Stop equipment or machinery and clear jams, using poles, bars, and hand tools, or remove damaged materials from conveyors.
||Loading Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Pry off loose material from roofs and move it into the paths of machines, using crowbars.
- Operate levers to move conveyor booms or shovels so that mine contents such as coal, rock, and ore can be placed into cars or onto conveyors.
- Advance machines to gather material and convey it into cars.
- Start conveyor booms and gathering-arm motors, and operate winches to position cars under boom conveyors for loading.
||Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
||Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment, such as conveyors, or in specified areas, such as loading docks.
||Mine Shuttle Car Operators
- Control conveyors that run the entire length of shuttle cars to distribute loads as loading progresses.
||Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Sweep, shovel, or vacuum loose debris or salvageable scrap into containers and remove containers from work areas.
See all 7 related occupations >>