Related occupations for task:
Integrate and develop visual elements, such as line, space, mass, color, and perspective, to produce desired effects, such as the illustration of ideas, emotions, or moods.
- Examine sample garments on and off models, modifying designs to achieve desired effects.
- Adapt other designers' ideas for the mass market.
- Design custom clothing and accessories for individuals, retailers, or theatrical, television, or film productions.
- Develop a group of products or accessories, and market them through venues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Develop set designs, based on evaluation of scripts, budgets, research information, and available locations.
- Examine objects to be included in exhibits to plan where and how to display them.
- Design and produce displays and materials that can be used to decorate windows, interior displays, or event locations, such as streets and fairgrounds.
- Plan arrangement according to client's requirements, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or select appropriate standard design pattern.
- Create and change in-store and window displays, designs, and looks to enhance a shop's image.
||Special Effects Artists and Animators
- Create basic designs, drawings, and illustrations for product labels, cartons, direct mail, or television.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
||Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Coordinate the look and function of product lines.
See all 11 related occupations >>