Related occupations for task:
Monitor events, trends, and other circumstances, research specific subject areas, attend art exhibitions, and read art publications to develop ideas and keep current on art world activities.
- Attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.
- Visit textile showrooms to keep up-to-date on the latest fabrics.
- Research the styles and periods of clothing needed for film or theatrical productions.
||Writers and Authors
- Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, using sources such as newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews.
- Monitor the field of dance to remain aware of current trends and innovations.
- Research and explore the use of new materials, technologies, and products to incorporate into designs.
||Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Read publications, attend showings, and study competing products and design styles and motifs to obtain perspective and generate design concepts.
See all 16 related occupations >>