||Hoist and Winch Operators
- Move levers, pedals, and throttles to stop, start, and regulate speeds of hoist or winch drums in response to hand, bell, buzzer, telephone, loud-speaker, or whistle signals, or by observing dial indicators or cable marks.
- Start engines of hoists or winches and use levers and pedals to wind or unwind cable on drums.
- Operate compressed air, diesel, electric, gasoline, or steam-driven hoists or winches to control movement of cableways, cages, derricks, draglines, loaders, railcars, or skips.
- Apply hand or foot brakes and move levers to lock hoists or winches.
- Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Fasten structural steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
- Hoist steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting, as needed.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Operate cranes, or signal crane operators to position or remove stone from cars or saw beds.
- Turn cranks or press buttons to activate winches that move cars under sawing cables or saw frames.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials, such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.